Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Dream Jobs!

Well, time for another post! No more news since the last post unless you consider the IIMs considering going back to the pencil-and-paper CAT - which, by the way, is really great news for many of us because of the sub-standard quality of the online CAT among other technical issues. Also, these holidays are literally killing me. I have no work to do (you might say: study. But then, we don't even know the schedule for the remaining 5 papers I have to take, so, just chill! :)). I'd like to take this opportunity to instigate the people in whose hands lie the strings for Telangana to please take a decision fast and make us happy by letting us have the exams. It certainly would be great to have them behind me rather than the other way round. Well, they rightly say - 'An idle mind is a devil's workshop.' and that is exactly what has been happening with everyone of us (I'm sure.). Well, this kind of thinking has led to this post. It is yet another list. A list of my dream jobs. Well, there are many inspirations behind each of the choices which I'm sure I'm gonna mention with each item.

Well, everyone needs to have a list akin to this. When we were kids, there was no end to this kind of surmising and excitement. Each time I saw any super-hero movie or read some graphic novel, I'd imagine myself in the place of the protagonist (the term "hero" is very much sexist, you see...) and sometimes even the antagonist (likewise...)(no pun intended.). Well, now that I've grown up (at least a little bit), I happen to know the limitations of such people. This is a list which could have been possible in a near enough parallel universes. Fine, here goes.

  • Writer/Thinker/Philosopher/Experimenter: Well, this is something I like to be and somehow, am to some extent. The idea that, I can simply write and do nothing else is so enticing :). Just imagine, just sitting at home thinking and trying to find words and trying to describe life. It'd be like a dream come true for me (literally). Having all the free time in the world and actually getting paid for it. Who wouldn't want it? (just a rhetorical question, I know a lot of people who wouldn't want it...). Inspirations: Sir Isaac Newton, Edison, Tesla, Mark Twain and many others. Thing is, there is a kind of stigma regarding this in the society. Also, practically, to do this kind of thing,you'd have to be rich or at the very least, care free, so, not much of a possibility of this in this universe (unless I win some kind of game show giving out a billion Dollars... :P).
  • Bounty hunter: Well, a giant step away from the previous one. Somehow, the idea of catching the bad guys and being paid for it, without being in the limits of the law as an employee, should be fun. And never forget the incredible amounts of pay-offs you might get from the bad side (*wicked smile*). Major inspiration: Clint Eastwood as The man with no name in The Dollars Trilogy (if it doesn't ring a bell, try A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.). Major setbacks with this: it is not legal in India, it is in the US, though. Also, I don't practically see myself beating up bad guys - not my cup of tea. :)
  • Adventurer: Well, an ubiquitous choice. Everyone wants to be an adventurer. Reasons? The thrill, the fame, the girls (who'm I kidding?). Well, the adventure in itself is a calling and someday, I wish I can do it! (not much of a chance there either, you don't adventure in an Electronics lab... :P) Inspirations: Indiana Jones (I revere him), Ben Gates in National Treasure and National Treasure: Book of Secrets, Professor Lidenbrock of The Journey to the Center of the Earth (not the recent movie, which was really bad, I'm referring to the original book by Jules Verne.).
  • Mathematician: It is not about doing math. It is about loving math. I love it, but doing it while loving it is something else (yes pun intended ;)). Anyway, playing with numbers is one of my passions and I'd certainly love to make it my profession. Pretty good chance of doing this here - if I choose math as my major for my Masters or Doctoral. Inspirations: Ian Malcolm (Jurassic Park), Harry Adams (Sphere).
As you might've noticed, Crichton plays an important role in many of my career choices :). Well, there are many more, but I don't seem to have them coming to me so easily. I'll settle for these options, though. I'd like to know what you want to be. Try and be as creative possible ;).

Adios!!

P.S.: No Post-Script this time :P. In case you don't care about all this, skip this post :).

1 comment:

  1. Director, Editor, Entrepreneur, The President of India in that order :D

    ReplyDelete