Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hyderabad IndiBlogger Meet!



Finally, I found some kind of inspiration to get back to blogging. Each time I've been trying to post something, I was getting bored and started doing something else. It was the interaction I had with about 150 bloggers that gave me the get-go again. Thanks you all!!

Coming to the bloggers' meet, well, this was my first one ever!! I was kind of stylishly late :P. I arrived like half an hour late and people had already started introducing themselves (30 Seconds of Fame). I went on and sat down in one of the back rows. There were several interesting people whose blogs I'm surely gonna visit (some I've already done...). The response was really overwhelming. And yeah, why was I late, again? I had to blow my farewell party thrown by my Juniors. But, I'm sure, that couldn't have been better than this. Now, coming to my 30 Seconds of Fame, as usual, i was the same old afraid-of-the-crowd Munaf. I blabbered off something and later realized I hadn't said anything I had planned to :D. Alright next came the funny part of the meet.

We were all handed a chart and a sketch pen (we weren't told why, at first). This part was called Live and Let Comment. Weel, we were asked to hang the sheet around our necks and go around socializing with people and let them comment, give their blog address etc on the sheet of paper. It was fun! Foound and met a lot of interesting people here. Then came the quiz.

Well, let me be honest! Despite the quiz-master's saying that the questions would not be esoteric, I felt them to be. It was probably because I have been active on the Internet only for about 3 years now. (There were people very much older than me, internet wise :P). No, I wont touch upon the questions! I simply cannot recollect them as of now.

Then there was the exciting part - food! Just kidding. It was a decent enough tea and some time fo mingling with the co-bloggers (in search of a better term).

Then there was this session to discuss about forming a Hyderabad Bloggers Forum and it went pretty well with some people offering to host the website and everyone coming up with names. 

Then, there was a group photo session - which was great fun in itself. :).

What I observed there was, there were people literally from every walk of life. Of course, the majority were students/IT Professionals. There were many IT Professionals from biggie companies like ex-Google/IBM, Microsoft, TCS, Satyam and some even had their own firms.

All in all, it was a real fetching experience for me!! If you ever get a chance to attend one, don't ever leave it!!!

Thank you all for making my day!!

P.S.: For more details on the meet, go to http://www.indiblogger.in/bloggermeet.php?id=70

3 comments:

  1. That's indeed a wonderful meeting. Good to know that you started writing again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Good to meet you all at the meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great experience. At first I kindof got nervous coz I couldnt find anybody of my age, Then I saw you and a few others.
    Looking forward to another great fun-filled blogger meet.

    -Aziz
    http://azizsiddiqui.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete