Sunday, May 31, 2009

Why we like MTV...

DISCLAIMER: This post is totally a personal experience and I'm NOT being paid by MTV to do this...It just has been under the surface and this is just boiling out...And of course, y'all are entitled to your own views.. 

MTV - Music Television India is what I think is the voice of youth today. I just launched into the train of thought leading me to bring out the things that make MTV so much coveted among the Indian youth today a.k.a. Youngistaan. I'd like to share these views, why? Simple yaar, I'm bored and have pretty much no job to do... Fine, let's see...

First thing that comes to mind about MTV is...Roadies?? What say? At least that's what comes to my mind...Roadies might just be a show on the channel, but it certainly defines the POV of the channel...be it the abuse by Raghu or the cool attitude of Rannvijay, the cat-fights of the last season or the politics of the one before this...This show is totally irresistible - we cannot stand not watching it, and our parents cannot stand watching it :P :P...(Ain't I right??). Roadies is everywhere the youth is...Orkut (the Battleground gig...) and is probably the most real reality show I've ever seen (this is pretty much the only reality show I've ever watched apart from Splitsvilla and The Fast and the Gorgeous...I'll get to those later...). So, Roadies is one big reason why Youngistaan likes MTV...

The next best thing on MTV after Roadies, I believe is the talk shows of Ayushmaan, Jose (pronounced Hosey) and Bani to name a few...man...are they relevant? They deal with everything we need to know...actually, I feel that Wassup should be renamed Everything Youngistaan needs to know...kinda long, and I'm sure it won't stick. :). Then there is Fantastic Five which is the most hilarious show I've seen in recent times (not that I've been going about looking for such shows...) all the puns and the innuendos are totally mind-blowing and this is what we want, right??

Then there is the Tickr...Wow!! was what I felt when I first saw the Tickr...It's beautifully interesting, I'm sure you all agree...This makes my mornings...all the funny predictions (which sometimes, creepily enough, come true...) and the IFMs (I dunno what IFM stands for, please enlighten me anyone...) which give some excellent takes on celebrities, roadies and what not...I especially like the "Stuck in a lift" part.. :). The Tickr is also one of the defining things of MTV (especially when some boring song is going on screen...)

Now, the chick parts...Splitsvilla and The Fast and the Gorgeous (half of the contestants are not so gorgeous...) who doesn't want to watch chicks fight over guys (in Splitsvilla) and chicks fighting among themselves (in TFTG), it's just about WOW!!! This is indeed the vision of the new youth (us, that is) in India... I'm sure all of us enjoy these...I just love the way Nikhil and Rannvijay conduct these shows...Hats-off guys...And of course...the tasks are great too....(I'm kinda... not finding words to describe these shows.. :P)

Also, there's FFFF every year...Man, I loved Bechaare Zameen Par, Cheque De India, Jadoo Ek Bar equally well...they were adorable movies...Great effort, indeed...

Then, we come to Discover and Download (DnD), Style Check and Gtalk, which I don't watch so often but know from friends who do...I'm sure these are good too...

Actually, the good thing about MTV is that, if you are tuned in to it, you sure will be entertained...at least by the Tickr

Now, let me get to the parts I hate about MTV...I hate it when Cyrus (Sahukar) gets into some weird clothes and acts like we like him during the Kick-ass Mornings...For once...I don't...I'd rather have some songs to Cyrus in those weird takes...any day...

So, that's it...I simply love MTV and it makes my stays at home worth the while...Thank You MTV and may you do this Forever!!!
P.S.: Looks like this is the longest post I've got on my blog... Yippeee!! :P :D

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good one munna i feel there is anyone among us who disagree with u regarding this all the best dude fr ur future

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks bro...all the best to you too...

    ReplyDelete