Saturday, September 5, 2009

Things I'd have hated to miss - Part II

Let me start with how this (series of)post(s) came about...To be honest, this is just a thank-you gesture (a very long one at that...) to all the things in my life that define me and made me the way I am now. Well, somehow, I hope I've overcome my writer's block and hope to write like 5 post per week (even with my internals and project around...) and keep my writing skills alive...Well, so, here we go, coming in chronological order...next comes middle school and high school...all the events in the previous post occurred when I was under-10.(Man, this is turning out to be an autobiography.. :P) Well, third time I'm trying to complete his post...Fine, I'll do it!!!


Middle School: It was a great experience for me, my 6th and 7th classes. I lived in a small village named Podili (I was like, not gonna take any names in this series, but I figured , this is a place, it certainly won't mind :P). So, it was my first tryst with a small village. Take my word for it, it gets pretty crazy there, everyone literally knows everyone else (usually on first name basis...) and anything you do within a radius of around 10km from the borders gets broadcast so fast, you wouldn't believe it. There was this incident...At the end of some Unit Test or something, a friend of mine (no names here, you know who you are...) and I decided to be the daredevils and to go biking (regular usage of the term, on bicycles...) over some hill some 3 km from my school...In high spirits, we were shouting and drawing a lot of attention (can't say it wasn't wholly my fault :P) and bailed on the way and got back home (we did make it to about 2km). As it happens, the hill is supposed to be infested with bears and likes of other wild animals (a whole load of crap, if you ask me...) and one of the person whose attention we happened to catch was an acquaintance of our neighbor (by this, I mean, they were relatives at some level, another thing that got to my nerves...) and he came and sang to her, who in turn did that to my mom and the chain of screaming continued... Well, that was just one story, I have several better memories from there and I had a chance to meet all kinds of people (you can't believe the diversity there...) and had my greatness (CONCEITED!!) testified many a time...Best person I met - the Math teacher, I keep forgetting his name though although he'll remember me for a long time...And some friends there were pretty awesome, I still remember them.. :D.


High School: After about 7 years in a medium sized town (Kurnool) and 2 years in a village, I gotta say it was pretty overwhelming to come live in a city (no prizes for guessing, Hyderabad...). So, here I was, puny and full of DUF (Doubt, Uncertainty and Fear) and ignorant of the ways of a city (er, I've been to Mumbai and wouldn't dare calling Hyderabad a "big" city...) and lots of expectations and goals... :). Well, the school was pretty much brand name and I had no friends (well, believe me, it's easier that way, I hate to carry around burdens of my past with me wherever i go...). First things first, I studied 3 years in that school and it has been the biggest single inspiration for me, especially the principal... Even now, sometimes I'm thankful I was in that school under that principal although we used to pretty much hate him when at school ;P. Well, worth special mention here...The guy who made me the freak I am now...I said no names, and stand by it...he was this freak who intro-ed me to Harry Potter which I'd later outgrow and be a real bibliophile. then there's this group of friends who are all over India now who work as re con for me (just kidding...) (Clue: Search for community Eternal Buddies on Orkut...Believe me, we are all over the place...). Then, there's this friend of mine, who's so confused and sweet and I don't know the adjective form of this, but the noun is Ingénue, man, is she gonna have a hard time deciding what to do with me for mentioning her! :P.I love everything about my life at that school...About 2 years after getting out of school, I came to know I was pretty popular, had I known this during those times, I'd have had a greater time :D. Although, I should've guessed, I was a topic of speech for one of the teachers who spoke at our farewell (just in passing, I guess, he was praising our whole batch...) and the surprising part, he never taught me personally. So, there we go, I loved my school and the people I have met through it and shall love them forever!!


Well, finally ended another post (part of..)and sneak peek...Books and Music. I assure you, it's gonna be WILD!!


Adieu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment