Sunday, September 27, 2009

Yeah, right and...

Hey, it's me again, plain, you see again (Courtesy: "Voices" by Cheap Trick). Anyway, I liked this part of the song ever since I first saw (heard, rather) it on HIMYM. So, getting to the point. It was a great experience for me recently, from about a couple of days, to know the power of one emotion that I never tried before. Sarcasm. Well, I've always viewed sarcasm as insecurity on the part of a person. But now, after experiencing it myself, I certainly would differ mostly because, I happen to now for a fact that, I, of all people I know, am not insecure (Damn, I can't seem to help being so conceited...).


Well, change of seasons has certainly brought out something very different in me. I'd like to explore the reasons for this change in my persona. Well, my - erm, adjectives fail me, imagine an appropriate adjective here :P - psyche has seen so many things recently that have made me see things from an altogether different perspective, most of them are TV Series. Anyway, I'd like to share my view about sarcasm itself. Well, it seems to me after this little amount of experience that, it is irony and almost nothing else that engenders sarcasm. And man, have I had my part of irony in the past few days...Well, how it works is: let us say A is something I wanna do or want to happen, and B is the exact opposite of that. Then, there is C which is a condition that is essential for the occurrence of A and D is the opposite of C. Well, now, what usually happens with me is, C prevails for up until the last possible moment for it to take a total 180 and turn into a friggin' D. Then, all my plans for A get dampened and I end up doing either nothing or B, as a hail-mary pass. Well, there is a reason why I'm putting it in such an abstract way. It happens virtually all the time and I'm very pissed off at it. I'd implore (I don't know a word that conveys the same meaning in a weaker sense...) you to look at your own life and see if things fit into this pattern.


Now, for the reasons for me to embrace this persona of incorrigible sarcasm : Most of the comedians (like Chandler of FRIENDS, Barney of HIMYM, Charles of Two and a half Men, Russell Peters) use this as a tool to make people laugh and I thought, what the hell, let me give it a try too. Then there was Dr. House, MD of the TV Series of the same name to entice me headlong into this endeavor. Anyway, it is fun because I'm now killing!! My jokes aren't anymore things only i think are funny. So, go ahead and try out this tried and tested method to kill (figurative, totally...) people with your jokes just by being quick on the wits...


P.S.: And as for the title, that's a great way to start a sarcastic joke, and yeah, to start a blog post too... :P
BTW, beware of me, these days, I just crack me up too... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment