Thursday, September 10, 2009

Way to go!!


Well, somehow, I have grown up. Assignments don't seem important, nor do may other things like exams and stuff. I don't even know why I feel that to be "growing up". Anyway, I was thinking about something today (well, a tiresome part of "growing up", no other job to do, right!). So, I got to the point where you go on thinking about why people behave the way they do. For me, it seems un-construable how people lead all their lives hating others. It is important to love. Not in the crass sense though, I mean the love you show to mankind. Well, here, I'd like to explain how my mind works. For me, whenever I meet or rather, get to know someone (however shortly) they start in this gray area (like the one between black and white...). Virtually none move onto the "black side". Somehow, I find myself inarticulate to explain this, but, I'll try my best...They say hate is the opposite of love, I beg to differ: Indifference is the opposite of love, although that isn't the gray area I was talking about. So, as I was saying, I don't hate people per se, but sometimes, I hate being around some people. It might seem pretty much the same thing and I'd love to explain this... I don't hate people for what they are, no, neither for what they do, neither for what their effect might be on me, no sir. Being around people, sometimes that makes me uncomfortable and/or some sort of ennui I cannot explain in words. It simply makes me not feel good. This is a totally different list of people on my mind (the others being those who I like and like being around, and those in the gray area, and the black area which is virtually empty). And the interesting pat: I do not hate the people as separate persons, just keep me away from them and I might even enjoy knowing them as humans. So, moving forward, as I come to know more about people, my mind decides (I hardly have a say in it, kind of an alter ego issue...) into what list to put the person into. So, roughly speaking, if I know a hundred people (hypothetically of course, I know over 200 from my college alone (just trying to prove I'm not anti-social :P)) around 55 would be in the gray area ie., they are just acquaintances, around 25 in the white area and around 20 in the don't-be-around list.
So, why am I telling you this? Let me get to it, I have seen people hating others for all their lifetimes, seen people abuse and degrade others because of really small reasons (don't even get me started on this, at any point of time...). I mostly hate to stay around from such people mostly because, you cannot talk reason into them, no one can. As Gandhi rightly says, "Be the change you want to see in the world", I'd like to start off by staring to know better of these people who cannot listen to reason. It is important to love, to like and to promote the universal message of peace. It is a need. A smile, a salaam, a wave, a hug, a hand-shake,whatever, why have we become so "sophisticated" to forget such basic human traits, to forget how much your attention can mean to some people?? Why do we hesitate to move forward when we meet someone new? Why do we judge people by being so narrow-minded? Why don't we try to be in the person's shoes before saying something bad or affecting about them? WHY????? Why have been brought up to doubt everyone? Why have we no trust in another person? No, I'm not asking you to trust everyone blindly, every person deserves some amount of trust and it is your duty to give it to them (sorry for being so hard, but I am pretty much toeing the line of my irritation because of seeing people around me hating most of the people around them...).


The answer to all the above questions can only come from inside our hearts and I still emphasize that, it is important to love your fellows. I hope this post, more than any other reaches your heart and you act on it. Spread the love, because life is too short to be spending hating others. You're not gonna get out of it alive anyway, you might as well make others smile in the short time you have. I know this is probably not one of my best posts but, I tell you, it is straight from my heart, this was a long time coming. I just urge you to try to love everyone you meet, even if that's not how my mind works, I'm trying hard too...


Love y'all!!


Nightie Night!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...nice one though more of a personal kind of thing...

    The best part was "salaam, smile, hug" thing and how much it might mean to a person!. I do accept with almost all of your views:)

    cheers !!

    ReplyDelete